My quite time this morning!
“The Power Of The Tongue”
The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.
Proverbs 18: 22 (NIV)
- What is the power of your tongue ?
- What can bring about life and death ?
- Who will enjoy the fruit of the tongue ?
- The power behind your words is more powerful than electrical power.
- Your tongue is one of the most important parts of your body.
- It’s very small, but you depend on it to speak, sing, taste, and eat.
At the same time,
- Your tongue is also one of the most dangerous parts about you (James 3:5-6).
Solomon went as far as to say that “death and life are in the power of the tongue.”
Before you say anything, think how you’ll feel if someone said same to you and watch your words.
- Treat people the way you want to be treated,
- Talk to people the way you want to be talked to.
- Remember respect is earned not given.
- Show respect even to people who don’t deserve it, not as a reflection of their character but as a reflection of yours.
- Because someone is ill mannered doesn’t mean you should also taint your manners as a reaction to his negativity, but it’s not wise to allow other people to decide your mood.
Just stop and think for a minute what the Lord is trying to convey to you with these specific words. There are two things to pick up from this verse
- There’s power in your tongue
- Your words matter.
Allow the Holy Spirit to direct your words today!
Oh God With my tongue, I can uplift or curse,
bless or condemn, praise or disgrace.
So help me to keep it under control.
My Words once spoken, cannot be taken back,
so guard my tongue today.
Help me to speak words of love,
encouragement and joy to others.
Let me Bless people in my life with kind words.
Pleasant are thy courts above,
In the land of light and love,
pleasant are thy courts below.
Let me love all who come my way today.
In Jesus mighty name Amen
Rev, David Rex Orgen
🏰Hilltop United Methodist church (Pastor)💒
*If this word has blessed you today
Please share this with others *