My quite time this morning
“A Shield For Me”
Many are they who say to me, ‘There is no help for him in God.’ But You, Lord, are a shield for me, my glory and the One who lifts up my head”
(Psalm 3:2-3) NIV
- Why are many saying there’s no help?
- Which way have you been looking for that help?
- Why you shouldn’t be afraid of the lifter of your head?
“My glory and the lifter of my head.
For You, Lord, are a shield for me, my glory and the lifter of my head.
I cried unto the Lord with my voice,
and He heard me out of His holy hill.
The Lord has delivered the kingdom into the hand of Absalom your son. So now you are caught in your own evil, because you are a bloodthirsty man!” David.
- So David’s enemies were making the claim that God turned against David, and that no matter what David did, God would not help him.
- But just because God was allowing all of this to happen, that doesn’t mean that God had turned against David.
- Now David turns his eyes away from the trial, and looks up to God and the troubles..
He said , “You Lord are a shield for me!”
David was a warrior, so he could picture this rebellion acts against him as a spiritual attack by Satan.
God will fight your battles for you
He who watches over Israel will not sleep nor slumber.
This morning, You have made it so clear to me–When I cry unto you Lord with my voice, as David did, even if tears are rolling down my cheeks, Jesus you will hear me. And Jesus you will come to lift me up so I can rejoice and sing this song. I’m gonna be singing all day long!
This battle is yours Lord .
In Jesus mighty name Amen
Rev, David Rex Orgen
🏰Hilltop United Methodist church (Pastor)💒
*If this word has blessed you today*
*Please share this with others*